Through the social studies curriculum, the student will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Understand and analyze comparative and economic systems, with an emphasis on the political and economic systems of the United States.
- Understand and analyze events, trends, personalities, and movements shaping the history of the world, the United States, and Minnesota
- Portray knowledge of the basic concepts of the social sciences and how these help to interpret human behavior
- Exhibit knowledge of world geography with an emphasis on that of the United States
- Apply the skill and knowledge gained in the social sciences to real-life situations