The reading curriculum will enable the student to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Read, understand and communicate God's written Word through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Read, comprehend, evaluate and use written material
- Listen, envision, and respond critically and analytically
- Write standard English in a grammatical and organized manner
- Understand the various genres of literature that are representative of various cultures, eras, themes and ideas
- Students participate in self-paced reading and comprehension program
- Our accelerated Reader program challenges readers at all levels.