The Day School Board of Redeemer Lutheran School meets monthly throughout the year. The Board is empowered, in consultation with the school administrator, to engage in strategic planning and to adopt policies that are student-centered and focused on the school’s mission and the educational process.
The Day School Board also engages in financial development. It recommends the school budget and brings financial and budgetary recommendations to Redeemer’s Mission and Ministry Leadership Group.
Finally, a vital responsibility of the Day School Board is to represent the members of Redeemer Lutheran Church, school personnel, parents, and students in governing Redeemer Lutheran School. Therefore, the Board is expected to build relationships with their constituencies by:
- Listening to their ideas, concerns, and values.
- Informing them about Board decisions and work regarding school programs and activities.
- Employing Christian care and concern while providing the highest quality service.
The Day School Board consists of six (6) elected members from the congregation of Redeemer Lutheran Church who serve staggered three-year terms with two members of the Board elected each year. Advisory members include:
- The school administrator.
- A faculty representative selected annually by the faculty.
- A representative of nonmember families appointed to a one-year, non-voting position on the Board that does not exceed two consecutive years.
- The Board elects its own Chairperson and Secretary from its membership.