The athletics program at Redeemer Lutheran School exists to help fulfill our school's mission of "equipping disciples for Jesus Christ". Our interscholastic sports program is run with the belief that competitive sports experiences contribute significantly to the development of character, mutual support, and school spirit. More importantly, our athletic program gives each participant an opportunity to learn and practice the role and responsibility of being a Christian athlete, and how they can use their God-given talents to His glory!
Redeemer's students can participate in the athletic program with no fees being charged. We ask that parents contributes to the program through driving to events and/or working in our concessions stands at home games.
- To teach athletes that they are redeemed children of God created to glorify God with their total being and existence.
- To teach athletes that their abilities and talents are God-given – and to use those abilities and talents to their full spiritual, physical, and emotional potential.
- To enable all participants – athletes, coaches, parents, and school – to serve and praise God through athletics.
- To teach athletes that their body is “God’s temple” (1 Corinthians 3:15-17) – and, therefore, to develop the physical skills and acquire the health knowledge needed for a healthy lifestyle.
- To teach athletes to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity, through Christian sportsmanship, to witness by example.
- To teach athletes how to respond to the joys, disappointments, rewards, challenges, and responsibilities of being Christian athletes.
- To teach athletes both the individual and team skills necessary to successfully participate in our athletic program.
- To utilize skill development and competitive activity to help each athlete develop and maintain a positive spiritual, emotional, and physical self-concept.
Christian sportsmanship is an important part of an interscholastic sports program and contributes significantly to the development of character, mutual support, and school spirit.
We expect our coaches, athletes, and students to represent their school, and more importantly, their Lord, in a manner that is respectful of others both on and off the court/field. We, also, encourage the enthusiastic support of our fans, and expect them to uphold the same high standards we ask of our students. Opposing teams and their fans are to be treated as honored guests, and game officials are to be given the same courtesy and respect.
“I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:1-2)
For more specific information on Redeemer's athletic program, please contact our Athletic Director.